With 5% of the world’s population, the U.S. has already racked up 30% of the infections, over 100,000 deaths and the highest unemployment in the world by far. It took Donald many years and ways of fumbling to achieve this. His administration is the most chaotic in U.S. history with a revolving door of people coming in and going out fired or resigning. How can anything be done right? The American tragedy starts in 2016 as follows:
- Donald was warned by Bill Gates in 2016 and 2018 about the dangers of a future pandemic. Donald acted sympathetic but took no positive actions.
- The Obama administration left a 69-page Playbook for Early Response to High Consequence Infectious Disease Threats. This was disregarded from 2017 to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- His administration dismantled a Pandemic task force set up by Obama after the Ebola epidemic.
- He cut funding for the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), NIH (National Institutes for Health) and the WHO (World Health Organization).
- He created a blind spot with the last remaining CDC officer recalled from China CDC in July, 2019, leaving an intelligence vacuum when COVID-19 began to emerge.
- He ignored a pandemic simulation study, “Crimson Contagion”, in Oct 2019 that showed how ill prepared the US was to deal with a pandemic.
- He ignored warnings from the WHO and CDC of the pandemic.
He called it a hoax for two months doing nothing when we could have promoted production of ventilators, N-95 Respiratory masks and test kits
- He appointed Mike Pence who has no credentials or experience in charge of his task force.
- On April 15, 2019, he ordered a halt to funding the World Health Organization that he was already behind on.
Donald is pushing for a Republican National Convention with no social distancing and no masks. He hasn’t killed enough Americans with his arrogance and incompetence. He is now so insane he wants his supporters to join in for a huge game of Coronavirus Russian Roulette at the RNC. This will also add fuel to the second wave of COVID-19 infections as his infected followers spread the disease beyond the convention. There will be less Republicans to vote for him if he gets his way.
While all of this was happening, he and his party preferred tax cuts instead of paying for preparedness. He hijacked money from the military for small portions of his wall that will never be completed while funding for pandemic defense crumbled.
Over 100,000 have died as of the end of May and over 38 million have lost their jobs. A study by Columbia University states that at least 36,000 lives were lost to Donald’s delays in doing anything while calling the pandemic a “hoax” cooked up by the Democrats. The Federal government is adding trillions of dollars of debt. There is no end in sight. Donald keeps on winning. These are the apexes of his Presidentcy. He has a long list of other destruction. Click here to be reminded of why he has earned the title “Donald the Destroyer”.