With 5% of the world’s population, the U.S. has already racked up 25% of the infections, over 460,000 deaths and the highest unemployment in the world by far. As the above charts show, the U.S. has done a terrible, deadly job of handling the pandemic. Over half of the deaths are Donald’s fault. He refused to take the Pandemic seriously from the very beginning and still doesn’t. He has grown the pandemic by encouraging disbelief in the pandemic and through his maskless rallies and parties. Below are chart updates as of Dec 22,2020 from the NY Times showing just how bad things are going.
It took Donald many years and ways of fumbling to achieve this. The American tragedy starts in 2016 as follows:
- Bill Gates warned Donald in 2016 and 2018 about the dangers of a future pandemic. Donald acted sympathetic but took no positive actions.
- The Obama administration left a 69-page Playbook for Early Response to High Consequence Infectious Disease Threats. This was disregarded from 2017 to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- His administration dismantled a Pandemic task force set up by Obama after the Ebola epidemic.
- He cut funding for the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), NIH (National Institutes for Health) and the WHO (World Health Organization).
- He created a blind spot with the last remaining CDC officer recalled from China CDC in July, 2019, leaving an intelligence vacuum when COVID-19 began to emerge.
- He ignored a pandemic simulation study, “Crimson Contagion”, in Oct 2019 that showed how ill prepared the US was to deal with a pandemic.
- He ignored warnings from the WHO and CDC of the pandemic.
He called it a hoax for two months doing nothing when we could have promoted production of ventilators, N-95 Respiratory masks and test kits
- He appointed Mike Pence who has no credentials or experience in charge of his task force.
- On April 15, 2019, he ordered a halt to funding the World Health Organization that he was already behind on.
- The beginning of this posting shows the continuation of Donald’s destruction.
Click here to be reminded of why he has earned the title “Donald the Destroyer”.