With 5% of the world’s population, the U.S. has already racked up 25% of the infections, over 200,000 deaths and the highest unemployment in the world by far. Over half of the deaths are his fault. Donald did what he could to keep the Pandemic going with his rallies and refusal to wear a mask. He says not to worry it will end soon as he has since January. The body count grows daily.
Daily death totals NY Times
It took Donald many years and ways of fumbling to achieve this. The American tragedy starts in 2016 as follows:
- Donald was warned by Bill Gates in 2016 and 2018 about the dangers of a future pandemic. Donald acted sympathetic but took no positive actions.
- The Obama administration left a 69-page Playbook for Early Response to High Consequence Infectious Disease Threats. This was disregarded from 2017 to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- His administration dismantled a Pandemic task force set up by Obama after the Ebola epidemic.
- He cut funding for the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), NIH (National Institutes for Health) and the WHO (World Health Organization).
- He created a blind spot with the last remaining CDC officer recalled from China CDC in July, 2019, leaving an intelligence vacuum when COVID-19 began to emerge.
- He ignored a pandemic simulation study, “Crimson Contagion”, in Oct 2019 that showed how ill prepared the US was to deal with a pandemic.
- He ignored warnings from the WHO and CDC of the pandemic.
He called it a hoax for two months doing nothing when we could have promoted production of ventilators, N-95 Respiratory masks and test kits
- He appointed Mike Pence who has no credentials or experience in charge of his task force.
- On April 15, 2019, he ordered a halt to funding the World Health Organization that he was already behind on.
Donald is holding mass rallies and the Republican National Convention with no required social distancing and masks. He now wants his supporters to join him for huge games of Coronavirus Russian Roulette to glorify his ego. This will also add fuel to the second wave of COVID-19 infections as his infected followers spread the disease beyond the rallies and convention. There will be fewer Republicans to vote for him soon. That’s assuming he survives his rallies and the RNC and can be voted for.
While all of this was happening, he and his party preferred tax cuts instead of paying for preparedness. He hijacked money from the military for small portions of his wall that will never be completed while funding for pandemic defense crumbled.
Over 120,000 have died as of the end of June and over 42 million have lost their jobs. A study by Columbia University states that at least 36,000 lives were lost to Donald’s delays in doing anything while calling the pandemic a “hoax” cooked up by the Democrats. The Federal government is adding trillions of dollars of debt. There is no end in sight. Donald keeps on winning. These are the apexes of his Presidentcy. He has a long list of other destruction. Click here to be reminded of why he has earned the title “Donald the Destroyer”.